Monday, January 14, 2013

50 Ways to Take a Break

I use this handout all the time at work!  My current facility is a short term, acute psych hospital and we get new patients daily.  No two groups ever consist of the same people!  While it prevents consistency, it's really nice because if I find a real gem like this, I can use it often.

image via
I found this handout on Pinterest.  It is so simple, yet so applicable to so many of our patients.  I will print this out and give it to patients when we talk about anxiety, coping skills, dealing with depression, or a number of other topics.

I usually ask patients to point out which activities they have already tried, and which ones work best for them.  Each patient then chooses a new activity to try and we share these goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment