Monday, March 25, 2013

The Glad Game

via
Here is an activity taken from this website.  It is based on a game Pollyanna plays called "The Glad Game."  The purpose is to help increase positive thinking habits.

One person identifies a negative event, such as losing a job, and says "I've just lost my job and am trying not to panic."  Other players try to get the first player to think positively, by coming up with as many positive things about the event as possible.  For example, "I lost my job but now I get to eat lunch with my family every day" or "I lost my job but now I don't have to get up at 4:30am every morning!"

Continue until you have no more ideas and then move onto another negative situation.

Talk about how finding the positive things can help us cope with negative events in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment