Program Goal: Clients will identify different skills they use to create a positive life style
Class room or outside (it is less messy outside)
Purchase raw eggs and salt
-Do you think that you can balance a raw egg?
-What will it take to balance a raw egg?
Egg Balancing Game
-An individual has to balance the wider part of a raw egg on a flat, somewhat textured tabletop.
-Hard-boiled eggs won't work, since they tend to wobble and fall over because of the weight of the cooked yolk at the bottom.
-If players are unable to stand the egg upright, all is not lost. Sprinkle a small mound of salt on the table and balance the egg in it.
-Having the person resort to using salt illustrates that many things are possible but may require some outside-the-box thinking to achieve.
• Were you able to balance the egg? How long did it take?
• What did it take to balance the egg?
• Did you believe you could balance the egg?
• Were any of you frustrated?
• What were some of your thoughts while doing the activity?
• Have you ever believed you could accomplish something? What was it and were you able to
• Are your thoughts positive or negative? How do those thoughts affect your actions?
• What can you do to have a more positive outlook on life?
Adapted from http://www.livestrong.com/article/156410-positive-thinking-games/#ixzz1sPenyHQ0