Submitted here by Gretchen Mahraun, RMT-BC of WBJ/ADATC
Equipment: recording of Billy Joel's "Just The Way You Are", cassette/CD player, paper, pencils
Objective: Patient/Client will receive a list of positive descriptions about themselves from their peers.
- Listen to "Just The Way You Are" while patients/clients follow along with printed lyric sheet.
- Discuss the lyrics.
- Have each patient/client write their name at the top of a piece of paper.
- Pass it to the person on their right.
- Have them write 2-3 positive comments, descriptors of the person whose paper they have.
- Continue to pass papers until each patient/client has their original paper back.
- Have the patients/clients read their paper aloud.