The Butterfly Circus
“The greater the struggle, the more glorious the triumph.”
Watch the short film “The Butterfly Circus” with patients (23 minutes). Afterwards discuss the film with the patients and talk about overcoming obstacles to find joy in life.
Depending on the theme of the day, this video can be used for either Finding Joy in Life or Knowing Myself. Adapt the questions to meet the theme and the needs of the group.
Some questions to consider:
· What character do identify with the most? Why?
· What does will believe about himself at the beginning of the film? At the end?
· Have you experienced something that changed how you view yourself, for better or for worse? What was it? Explain…
· What challenges have you had to overcome in your life?
· What does the ringmaster of the Butterfly Circus represent to you?
· Have you ever known anyone like the ringmaster? Who? How has that affected your life?
· How can we change what is negative in our lives?
· How can we find joy in life, even amid depression and other difficulties?
· How can you help others change their lives for the better?