Friday, July 3, 2015

Choices in a Jar

As a school psychologist, this quickly became a favorite intervention. It didn't take me long to realize that these cards could be adapted and used for just about any grade level!
Image result for choices in a jar
image via

Choices in a Jar, available on Amazon, is a set of cards. Each card has the question "Would you rather _______ or _______?"
-Would you rather not eat for two days or not sleep for two days?
-Would you rather have no long term memory or no short term memory?
-Would you rather live in a house with no walls or a house with no ceiling?

Sometimes I used this as a getting to know you activity when I had a new student in my group. Other times it was a good conversation starter when the kids weren't talking much. I also used it to talk about choices and consequences, and we would discuss what the consequences of each option would be.

How would you use this in your work?

No comments:

Post a Comment